GOOGLE MAP OF ALL LOCATIONS HERE
TSZ Blau-Gold Casino
the venue for workshops on Saturday and Sunday, and the party on Sunday evening
Unlike the name might suggest, this dance club has nothing to do with actual casinos. While Blau-Gold has been around for over 60 years, the building we’ll be using is less than a decade old. Since the hall is close to 700 square meters in size, it will be divided into four separate rooms to accommodate the different workshops – which means everybody gets to be at the same location! On Sunday evening, we’ll adjust the venue to suit the number of dancers on the floor.
- The studio has locker rooms in case you want to get changed at the venue
- Blau-Gold has an amazing hardwood floor. Please bring suitable footwear as not to damage it
- There’s not a great deal of restaurants around here, so you can either book lunch or take the two hour break to head to the city center.
- If you’re coming by car, there’s a huge parking lot in front of the Bürgerpark
- via Darmstadt Hauptbahnhof (Central Station): hop on Tram 5 heading towards „Darmstadt-Kranichstein Bahnhof“. It should take you around 14 minutes to reach the tram stop „Eissporthalle“, which is right in front of the venue
- via Darmstadt Nordbahnhof: take Tram 6 or Tram 7 towards „Darmstadt-Eberstadt Frankenstein“. Get off at the next stop, „Rhönring“, and change to Tram 5 towards „Darmstadt-Kranichstein Bahnhof“. 3 minutes later you’ll be at the tram stop „Eissporthalle“, right outside the venue
the venue for the taster on Friday, and the Friday and Saturday parties
Often called Schwanensaal (or Swan Hall) due to its location on Swan Street, the Ernst-Ludwig Hall is a cozy community hall in the heart of Darmstadt-Eberstadt. With room for over 150 dancers on the main dance floor, and a gallery overlooking both stage and hall, it struck us as the perfect location for dancing well into the night. While it may seem like a long way from Darmstadt, it is actually really easy to get to.
- parking here is very limited, you might have to look in one of the neighboring streets to find a spot. Even then, we can’t guarantee you’ll get one, which is why we recommend coming by public transport.
- via Darmstadt Hauptbahnhof: take any means of transport that gets you to „Rhein-Neckar-Straße“ (for example, Bus H towards „Darmstadt Alfred-Messel-Weg“ or Tram 5 towards „Darmstadt-Kranichstein Bahnhof“). Change to Tram 6 towards „Alsbach-Hähnlein-Alsbach Am Hinkelstein“ or Tram 7 towards „Darmstadt-Eberstadt Frankenstein“. From here on out it’s a straight 10-15 minute ride to „Darmstadt-Eberstadt Wartehalle“, which is a 5 minute walk from the venue. Important! There’s two stops at „Rhein-Neckar-Straße“; one that you will get off at, and one to the right, where Trams 6&7 stop.
- via Darmstadt Nordbahnhof: take Tram 6 towards „Alsbach-Hähnlein-Alsbach Am Hinkelstein“ or Tram 7 towards „Darmstadt-Eberstadt Frankenstein“. Enjoy your 20-25 minute ride to „Darmstadt-Eberstadt Wartehalle“, then walk the remaining 5 minutes to the venue
Kathrin & Tina have combined their café and camper-van to form an absolutely charming (and mobile!) diner. They serve amazing coffee, cakes and pies, and even full on warm meals. The best part? It’s all made from regional ingredients, with of plenty vegan options to boot. And you’ll get your food and drinks served in environmentally friendly containers.
You can find the dynamic duo at the workshop venue on Saturday and Sunday. You can also sign up for a lunch package from Fräulein Zuckertopf, which will be handed out during break, in between workshop blocks.
We have a surprise for you! Katja from Casually Fancy will set up shop at the SHF’19.
Casually Fancy offers exactly what the name implies – pants that can be paired with any piece of clothing you can think of. Whether you prefer the vintage dress-shirt and waistcoat look, or the slightly more modern aesthetic a t-shirt offers, you’re bound to be pleased by how versatile these pants are. You can put them on for parties, for classes (they are slightly elastic!), or just show up to work in them for that extra bit of pizzazz in your everyday life. If you’d like to have a pair tailored for you, head to Katja’s stand during the SHF parties.